Thursday 25 October 2012

“ Jab Tak Hai Jaan”: The Complete Poem.



“ Jab Tak Hai Jaan”: The Complete Poem.

(The poetry, given here, is NOT written by Gulzar Sir. This apparently is a work of Aditya Chopra, who earlier wrote Qaidi Number 786 for Yash Chopra's last film Veer Zaara and is the story and dialog writer for Jab Tak Hai Jaan.)

teri aankhon ki namkeen mastiyaan
teri hansi ki beparwaah gustakhiyaan
teri zulfon ki lehrati angdaiyaan
nahi bhoolunga main
jab tak hai jaan, jab tak hai jaan

the naughty fun in your eyes,
the carefree forwardness of your eyes,
the wavey stretching of your hair,
I'll not forget, as long as I live..


tera haath se haath chhodna
tera saayon se rukh modna
tera palat ke phir na dekhna
nahin maaf karunga main,
jab tak hai jaan, jab tak hai jaan..

your leaving hand from hands,
your turning away from the shadows (of mine),
your not turning back to see,
I'll not forgive,
as long as I live.
as long as I live..

baarishon mein bedhadak tere naachne se
baat baat pe bewajah tere roothne se,
chhoti chhoti teri bachkani badmashiyon se,
mohabbat karunga main
Jab tak hai jaan, jab tak hai jaan..


your dancing freely in rains,
your getting angry on small things without reason,
your small, childish mischieves,
I'll love them all,
As long as I live, As long as I live..

Tere jhoothe kasme vaadon se,
tere jalte sulagte khwabon se,
teri beraham duaon se,
nafrat karunga main,
Jab tak hai jaan, jab tak hai jaan..

Your false promises,
your burning dreams,
your heartless wishes,
I'll hate them all,
As long as I live, As long as I live..

By..
Milap rathod..

No comments:

Post a Comment